- The Nifty futures open interest increased by 0.60% while Bank Nifty futures open interest is increased by 4.26% as market closed at 6189.00 levels.
- The Nifty November future closed at premium of 28.05 point against a premium of 32.80 points. The December series closed at a premium of 78.90 points.
- The Implied Volatility of at the money options has decreased from 16.30% to 16.25%.
- Nifty PCR-OI has increased from 0.95 to 1.01 levels.
- The total OI of the market is Rs. 1, 40,992/- cr. and the stock futures OI is Rs. 33,042/- cr.
- Few of the liquid counters where we have seen high cost of carry are ASHOKLEY, JPPOWER, GMRINFRA, IFCI and VIJAYABANK.
Nifty Vs OI
- Last two sessions FII’s have been aggressive buyers of Indian equity. Yesterday they bought shares worth Rs. 1158.57 cores. However their activity in index futures didn’t see any major short covering or formation of long positions.
- Index options have shown some interesting developments. There has been substantial unwinding in 6100 to 6300 calls while in puts 6100 and 6200 should decent built-up. Unwinding in 5800 put suggest that extreme negative view participants who bought deep out-of-money puts are giving hope of any major correction this series.