What you want to know about stocks? Following are the 7 important things that you want to know previous to you invest your hard earn money in the stock market:
1) Shareholders are the authentic owners of the company and are allowed to a share of the company’s benefits in the form of dividends. To be a winning investor, you should look for companies that are key players in the industry and has excellent performance in sales and profits.
2) Don’t make a stock buy choice based on financial statements only. Note that financial statements (such as loss and profit account or profits statement) can be manipulated to hide financial weaknesses.
3) Look for stocks with high dividend yields. In bull or bear markets, high dividend yield stocks are always considered a safe condition and they can build up dividends over the years.
4) The key to success is to search a good combination of stocks that will assist you reach your long term financial goals and not the one that you buy because your friends also buy it. Do your homework previous to you, invest in any company’s stock!
5) Know Your Investment Risk Level. You should make a decision on how much risk you are willing to take in order to get your goal. Stocks are generally highly unstable and risky. If you want huge rewards, you got to take large risks.
6) Diversify your collection across different sectors such as telecommunications, energy, financial services, consumer products, manufacturing, etc. This can decrease your investment risk and make the most of your return.
7) A stock’s P/E (price-to-earnings) ratio is one of the most significant tools investors use. Never buy stocks with a low P/E without doing various research on it. A low P/E ratio does not essentially mean that the company share is undervalued. A stock may well be trading at a low P/E (price-to-earnings) because the investors are a smaller amount optimistic about the future prospects of the stock.