Markets opened on a quiet note but were unable to continue the momentum of the previous session and soon dragged down in the first half and finally closed in red. Nifty future is still lying in indecisive phase where any closing above 6300 will confirm the bulls to be active. Index had closed around 21 day EMA indicating if selling continues then immediate support is seen near 6200. Key event to be focused is WPI Inflation data for the coming session.
TREND: SIDEWAYS :
SUPPORT : 6220 & 6180
RESISTANCE : 6290 & 6320
DAILY MARKETS TREND :
- Sensex ends 101 points lower; metal, realty, IT drag.
- December retail inflation slows to three-month low at 9.87%.
- Tata Motors slips 2% as LIC cuts stake in Oct-Dec quarter.
- Cairn India’s Rs 5,725 crore share buyback starts on January 23.
- NIIT Technologies Q3 net falls 15% to Rs 53.1 cr QoQ.