Markets started the October series on a weak note closing below their immediate support levels largely dragged by rate sensitivities. Nifty future was unable to sustain above 5950 in the previous session and profit booking was seen at higher levels which made it to close below 5900 mark. It seems to move in range bound fashion where 5970 is stiff resistance and 5800 as major support. Breakout on either side will decide its trend for the coming sessions.
SUPPORT : 5840 & 5800
RESISTANCE: 5940 & 5980
Daily Markets Trend
- Sensex, Nifty down 0.8% at close; banks, metal drag.
- BPCL, Videocon Inds jump on new oil find in Brazil.
- European markets lower after weak debt sale.
- ABG Shipyard shares rally 14% post block deal.
- Kingfisher Airlines stock extends rally, surges 5%.