Markets although hit new record highs but were unable to maintain on higher side and dropped towards the immediate support levels and closed in red. Nifty future strictly resisted near 6800 and slipped towards the support of 6740 due to weakness in Banking & Oil and Gas stocks. It needs to sustain above 6800 to move towards the next stiff resistance of 6850 while 6700 is still seen as major support for the index.
SUPPORT: 6720 & 6680
RESISTANCE: 6800 & 6840
DAILY MARKETS TREND:
- Sensex ends 42 points lower; banks, oil & gas drag.
- Asian stocks rise on China stimulus, US jobs data.
- RBI grants banking licence to IDFC, Bandhan.
- PNB raises Rs 500 crore through bonds.
- IL&FS Engineering files papers for Rs 300-crore rights issue.